Friday, October 5, 2012

Homemade Playdough

Having playdough is considered as a staple in my house. Kids just LOVE to play with it. I enjoy playing with it as well! I love many things about playdough; the kids can spend literally hours playing with it, it's colorful, it's gushy and squishy, very educational and fun, non-messy, kid-friendly and safe, and it smells great even without any scents added into it, and best of all, it's very easy to make right at home.

I basically searched online for some playdough recipes and found that there are a lot of ways to do this with so many recipes out there. The only one I tried and worked best for me was the one using boiling water. This is the recipe I found (can't remember from where, sorry), it turns out perfect everytime:

Playdough

3 cups boiling water
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
1 1/2 Tb oil
3 Tsp cream of tartar

Mix all ingredients except for flour. Once well mixed, gradually add the flour. Stir until well blended. Knead on floured surface until a soft ball forms. Divide into even sections, knead in food coloring for desired colors.

It's really simple and easy. My kids love adding food coloring. It really teaches them about color mixing. All in all it's fun for everyone. Here are some pictures:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment