Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mohawk Upside-Down French Braid

That's not really the name of this hairstyle, just my version of it. It's usually called "Upside-Down French Braid". I saw this hairstyle here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLqO0Fe5aVU. When I did a quick search on youtube I found that it also seems pretty easy to do on yourself as well. Although I never actually tried it, but I do intend to try to accomplish that someday. What made me get inspired to do this was that we we're having a really hot and humid day and I just couldn't stand seeing my girls' hair down or even in a ponytail. I needed to put it up and out of their faces so I remembered seeing this hairstyle online and decided that this was a great opportunity to go for it and so I did.
 
From my personal experience for the very first time on making this hairstyle, I'd say that you need to really dampen the hair first. I did spray their hair with some water, but apparently not enough so I had a little trouble braiding it and ended up with some flyaways here and there. Upon finishing this awesome hairstyle, I was really impressed by how it turned out!
Also, I did a slight variation from the actual hairstyle on my daughter Smile's hair since her hair is pretty long, by braiding all the way up. So I went all the way up as much as I could up to the forehead, then I brought it back down the middle and pinned it down. This gave it the dutch braid illusion effect if that makes any sense. It really popped out which was really neat in my opinion. 


As for Princess's hair, she has much shorter hair so I only could put it in a bun. I went a little further up then I should've then made a really high bun (sorry it's not showing much here).


No comments:

Post a Comment