Monday, October 29, 2012

Chocolate Banana Cake

Another great recipe for over riped bananas.  I stumbled upon this delicious recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/mexican-chocolate-banana-muffins-recipe/index.html I made 2 major modifications to it. The first one is that since I don't have mexican chocolate around where I live, I just used regular semi-sweet baking chocolate. The second change is that I made mine into a cake rather than muffins. Works out  just the same. I did make muffins when I first did this recipe, but they were gone in minutes! So it turns out that making a cake lasts much longerrrr (at least for my family).... Enjoy!



Ingredients:

Flour 1 1/2 cups
Sugar 2/3 cup
Baking Powder 1 1/2 t.s.
Salt 1/4 t.s.
Mashed Bananas 2 cups
1 Large Egg
Butter 8 TB, melted
Milk 1/4 cup
Chocolate 3.5 oz, chopped

In a medium bowl, mix together  the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the bananas, egg, butter, and milk. Stir both mixtures together until well blended. Do not overmix. Stir in chocolate. Bake in a12x8 inch pan until slightly golden, or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted down the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment