Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Diy Alphabet Wall Art

This project is still in process, but I'm just too excited to share it with you all! I can't wait any longer. Since I'm a huuuge procrastinator, I can say that I'm actually proud of myself for making a project I see online and actually doing it so quickly! Yaay!!! I'm usually just liking things and pinning them and jotting them down in my to-do-list. Well, hopefully not anymore!!! This is a huge progress for me. One baby step at a time....

So I was looking for some diy nice artwork to do for a playroom and this immediately caught my attention. There are a few other more projects I had in mind as well, but this is simply easy using simple materials I already had on hand. It's actually a Pottery Barn inspired project and was modified a little, but I have to say that Dawn Nicole's final piece of art was far more prettier. So I was inspired by her. You can find this project here along with her instructions: http://designedbydawnnicole.com/2012/03/alphabet-wall-art-pb-inspired.html

I changed my dimensions just a little bit since the paper I had was a 12x8. So I had no choice but to cut them into 8x8 squares instead of the 12x12 that Dawn Nicole did. For that difference, it affected my letter arrangement, therefore I had to squeeze them together. I can always make an extra row, but I think the 4x4 rows looks much nicer, so I didn't even bother with that. Also, my letter font was done freehand by me. Dawn has a link attached to download the font she used. I don't know if it was me or not, but I had a little trouble downloading them, so I just simply did them by myself making them as close as possible looking like hers. Also, since I haven't hung it up yet as you can see it's still on the floor, I was thinking about using double-sided tape for this process. Hope that works, don't feel like getting sticky with anything else, plus, I want it to be as flat as possible with no oozing. I never tried Mod Podge at all, I don't even know how it looks like. I'm not even sure I can find it where I live, but I'll ask around. For now, I'm going to try the tape, wish me luck! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment