Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Braided Beehive

First of all, I'd like to point out that you may see some vertical lines visible on these photos due to my camera being damaged. Sometimes I get these lines and sometimes I don't....
 
 


 

I call this hairstyle the Braided Beehive and I just so happen to come up with it on my own! YaaaY! I just went with the flow... I didn't get it from the internet whatsoever, meaning from no blogs, no pictures, and no videos. Now I did try googling the name Braided Beehive and came up with many wacky hairdos. You may find this somewhere out there just probably under a different name. So I don't think that I'm that genius enough.

Making this hairstyle is very easy and straightforward. I just parted her hair down onto one side, then parted all her hair in a circle around her whole head with a rattail comb leaving equal amounts of hair all around her head outside of the circle I made. After that, I gathered the hair in the middle or on the inside of the circle and secured it in a bun in the center of her head to get it out of the way. Then I started a simple lace braid starting from the part line and close to her forehead. A lace braid is a type of braid where you add in new strands of hair only from one side. When I reached the top of her head forming my first braided circle, I temporarily pinned it down and out of the way and parted a new circle leaving equal amounts of hair all around. I combined the strands from the previous circle into the strands of the new circle to form one set of strands and started braiding a new braid. I made a third circle using this strategy and when I had no more hair to add into my lace braid, I just finished it off by braiding a normal braid and secured with an elastic. I tucked the ending of the braid inside the middle of the third circle as neat as possible and secured it with bobby pins. You can place a hair accessory like a nice flower or butterfly or something in the middle, but I thought that it looked better without anything so I skipped this step. I think this hairstyle would be great to wear on formal occasions.
 
 
Updated Pictures (same hairstyle, different day)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment