Sunday, October 28, 2012

Velvet Smocked Bolster

There was a time when I had the urge to make decorative throw pillows for fun. So I was looking around the web to find some easy instructions on making a simple pillowcase. I did find quite a few I liked, but somehow I came upon one throw pillow that I was just dying to try to make since it's so unique looking and much different than what I had in mind. I was so thrilled to challenge myself by trying something new. I'm so proud of myself with my final piece of art.

 
I came upon a YouTube video by TheBusyBeeMom  and she goes into a step by step tutorial on making this beautiful bolster with velvet in 2 videos. She explains very well with thorough details. It may seem very hard and complicated at first, but honestly it's really simple. Once you get the hang of it, there's really nothing to it. Like she mentioned, it's takes a WHOLE LOT OF TIME AND PATIENCE. The technique that is used here is all about measurements. It took me 3 days to make mine. It can get very addicting once it starts to form.



The below video is part 2 of the tutorial. For some reason I wasn't able to post part 1 but do check out this link for that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl_kQve8HR0&feature=relmfu

 
All in all, great tutorial, beautiful piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment