Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Homemade Pizza Dough



This is the first time I actually made a pizza! And for a beginner, I'll have to say that it turned pretty good! I'm so proud of myself! ;) The pictures above are all the same pizza. I only didn't didn't know which picture to choose since they're all at different angles. So I just uploaded all of them! :) The pizza dough recipe I used is from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pizza-Dough-III/Detail.aspx . Here's a video they have on the website:
I'll be honest and say that I didn't do exactly like the video. For me, I thought the dough was too sticky and soggy looking. I was afraid to deal with that kind of dough, it looks like it's just too hard to control. So what I did was, I added in about 1/2 cup of flour in the first step and kneaded the dough until it was soft looking and formed it into a ball. Then I let it rise to double it's size. I punched it down to let the air out and rolled it out on my pan using my hands. I put on my favorite sauce and toppings, and there you go! Fresh homemade delicious pizza right from my oven!
 
One thing I want to mention is that I've made this only twice. The first time I used one recipe of the dough, and to me it was good but I just that it was a little on the thin side. So the second time around, I doubled up the pizza dough recipe and flattened it down on my pan and made my pizza, and realized that it was a little too thick especially around the edges. So I'm still working on how to make a perfect crust. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment