Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Homemade Ice-cream Without an Ice-cream Maker


 
 
 
Making ice-cream is so fun and easy. It tastes better since it's actually homemade and you can make any flavor you want. There are so many recipes out there to experiment with, but my recipe is actually from a book that my mom bought for .50 cents about 20 years ago and just recently I started to show some interest in this book. I'm sure glad that I did!  
 
Homemade Ice-Cream Refrigerator-Freezer Method:
 
1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup pureed or mashed fresh fruit
2 cups (1 pint) whipped cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Food coloring, optional 
 
In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; stir in pureed or mashed fruit and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into 9x5-inch loaf pan or other 2-quart container. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment